Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Surgery

Hello,

I had wrist surgery this morning. It was on my right wrist. In June, I had the same surgery on my left wrist. While I was pregnant, I developed De Quarvaines Tendinitis. It causes pain in your thumb and the side of your wrist! I had a really really bad case of it!!! My OB Doctor thought it would go away after pregnancy but it only got worse! So worse that I could hardly take care of my baby!! I went to the wrist and hand doctor and I got cortisone shots. Let me just say O.U.C.H!!!! I said I will have surgery before I get another shot of that crap!!!! So, since my insurance was all paid up I got both surgeries for FREE!!!!! Whoo-hoo!!!!! So, the actual procedure is called...Release of first doral compartment...whatever that means...LOL Basically cutting the sheath or bands that are wrapped around the tendons. The first surgery was a speedy recovery and that's what I am hoping for this one!!!

Anyway, since I am not suppose to be lifting, turning, twisting my wrist I need help with Beau. Today was his first day at the babysitters. I have only met her 1 time before today. I was a little nervous to say the least. Not that I don't trust her but just hoping he is good for her and not fussy. I would feel so guilty. He is going to spend the rest of the week at the babysitters during the day and then come home in the afternoons after Jeremy gets off work. His Mimi picked him up after work today and said that the sitter said he was great :)) I hope he really was...LOL

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Geeze, sounds very painful!! I hope that you are feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete