Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Today I am baking baking baking, AGAIN! My very very very Best Friend, Chereese, came over last night and we baked cookies. We use to do this every year but here lately around this time we have all just been so busy! We started it all about 15 years ago when I lived next door to my moms house. We baked in my tiny little kitchen with a 40 year old table and a jacked up stove, LOL (Christy over @livinlavidaluke knows what I am talking about!!) We had so much fun and thought we would make it a tradition!

Anywho, We baked 3 different kinds of cookies: Pecan Cresants, Top secret Chocolate cookies, and oatmeal chocolate chip pecan. We didn't make as many as we usually do. They all turned out yummy yummy of course!

So, today I am baking the rest of my goodies for tomorrow. Pecan pies, Coconut Cream Pies, and corn bread for the dressing. My mom makes the best Pecan Pies ever and I usually get her to make them for me. But this year I thought I would try and do them my self, HA!!! So hopefully they are going to be just as good as hers.....here is a picture of them. (they are still cooling)


I made them with whole pecans because that's the way my hubby likes them :)) I'm such a sweet sweet wifey!!!!

My lil man thinking about getting into the tree or presents...LOL



We have a busy day tomorrow! The Stewart's for Breakfast, The Austin's for Christmas dinner (1:00), and The Davis' for the evening....whew...I think bed will be calling my name early tonight and tomorrow night!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed Christmas Eve!!! See ya tomorrow night :))

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know what you are talking about! I was just thinking of the fly buzzing around when Chereese says "A fly??? It's the DEAD of winter!!" LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete